Pages

Monday, May 22, 2023

Book Review: Oh My Goth: Jokes for When You Feel Dead Inside by Andrew Shaffer

Title: Oh My Goth: Jokes for When You Feel Dead Inside

Author: Andrew Shaffer
Genre: Humor - Jokes
Publisher: Indigo Dot Press Copyright 2023
Publication Date: May 22, 2023
ISBN: 9781949769470
Read: March 26, 2023
Disclaimer: I received a digital advance reader copy from the publisher via Netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis from Publisher: Even the most jaded of Hot Topic clerks will crack a smile at this morbidly funny joke book compiled by New York Times bestselling humorist and low-key goth Andrew Shaffer. 

This illustrated collection is perfect for Halloween-or anytime, really, since true goths know that every day is Halloween.

Review: "You know it's hot out when goths start wearing purple." This direct quote is one of the many sad attempts to create humor in Oh My Goth: Jokes for When You Feel Dead Inside by Andrew Shaffer. The so-called jokes aren't really funny. The witticisms aren't all that witty. I feel as though I should apologize to the Hot Topic clerks mentioned in the synopsis because even they deserve better than bland goth-dad jokes.

"Some people are such treasures that you just want to bury them." That's precisely what I'd like to do with this book, unfortunately, I can't because I received a digital review copy. I may not be able to bury it, but I can delete it and try to forget I ever read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment