Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Book Review: Crave Me Roughly by Kira James

Title: Crave Me Roughly

Author: Kira James
Genre: Paranormal Romance - Vampires
Publisher:  Kira James Copyright 2022
Publication Date: August 17, 2022
ISBN: N/A (Ebook Novella)
Read: January 16, 2023
Disclaimer: I received a digital advanced reader copy from the publisher via Netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis from Publisher: For almost twenty years, he’s been watching me in secret. This dark, sensual, dangerous man who steps out of the shadows to help me when I need it the most. He won’t accept any payment other than a kiss. But it’s a kiss that sparks a dark desire in a secret, hidden part of me. And when he touches me, all I crave is the kind of dangerous passion that he offers. 

Then I learn the truth—he’s not a man at all. He’s a vampire. 

The love that burns between us is forbidden, but now it’s too late for me to turn back. Perhaps it always was. Because no matter how much danger stalks us both, I’ll sacrifice anything to keep him safe.

Warning: Contains violence, sex, and references to blood drinking. (What do you expect from vampires? Sunshine and daisies? I think not.)

Review: Crave Me Roughly was my first introduction to Kira James as an author, the characters of Luke and Sara, and the world in which they live. And, wow, what an introduction. From the description of Luke and his buddy, Serge, I'm picturing Jason Momoa sans beard and Chris Hemsworth but both have fangs. Um, oh, hells yeah!

As this is a prequel novella set a few years prior to the events of the first book in the Dark Alliance series, Embrace Me Darkly, I won't go into a lot of detail regarding the plot. Basically, the plot breaks down like this: Assistant District Attorney Sara Constantine has been looking for the person who killed her father nearly twenty years ago. She gets a lead from a sketchy dude. Goes to an even sketchier part of Los Angeles, alone, at night, to meet Sketchy Dude and learn what he knows. Mayhem ensues. Sara is rescued by the mysterious and hunky Dynamic Duo of Luke and Serge. Luke and Sara fall in lust. Cue the hot sex. Things happen. Secrets are revealed. More stuff happens. Questions are raised. Can Serge be even snarkier? Will Luke and Sara work out their issues? Will Luke's state-of-the-art kitchen be used for actual cooking at some point? 

I don't know, but I want to know.

Anyone who truly knows me knows just how much I loooooooooove vampires, and just from the short introduction to the Dark Alliance series I got from Crave Me Roughly, I need to read the rest of the series now. But it's not only vampires populating James's world. Other preternatural creatures are hinted at through conversations between Luke and Sara, creatures such as werewolves, demons, fairies, and much more. So, yeah, color me intrigued. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some hot vampire books to download...

No comments:

Post a Comment